Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What I think of Freud and Little Hans

I think Freud is thinking too much. I feel that his interpretations are, and surely are, subjective. On the contrary though, he has fairly strong support from his research on Little Hans. What I find amusing about Freud's report on Little Hans is his belief that Little Hans was a pervert from a very young age. Most people view children below six as sweet, innocent kids and that was probably what Little Hans' parents thought about him too. Then Freud comes along saying that Little Hans was a perverted little devil, wishing to kill his sister and dad, and seduce his mom. The extremely different point of views of little children seem abrupt and hilarious. I really think that Little Hans could be naughty, but wouldn't be old enough to acknowledge killing and murder yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home